Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

Of all the Halo games? That’s hard.

If you held a gun up to my head I might have to say ODST or Reach, But Halo 2 And 1 are classics and fantastic. I will say they have some songs I’m not at all a fan of though so for that reason they lose out.

Marty by ODST and Reach was just on top of his game.

Halo 3 loses out for sure tho.

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Of all the Halo games? That’s hard.

If you held a gun up to my head I might have to say ODST or Reach, But Halo 2 And 1 are classics and fantastic. I will say they have some songs I’m not at all a fan of though so for that reason they lose out.

Marty by ODST and Reach was just on top of his game.

Halo 3 loses out for sure tho.

You know a lot of fans would consider it sacrilege for dissing Halo 3's soundtrack and while I love it wouldn't put it on the list either.

I need to play ODST again, it's been years and I forgot the soundtrack but Reach was amazing.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

Lol they’ll get over it. 

Its not that it was bad. It follows the appropriate trilogy pattern.

The beginning is the introduction and gradually leads you into the epic trilogy, and the music reflects that.

The second of most trilogies is when you get super epic and badass, and Halo 2 delivers in all aspects.

Then the third is the end so it’s overly dramatic and opera esque.

So space opera is a perfect way to end the series but it just doesn’t compare to the first two’s atmosphere. It can’t really. Just the natural order of things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not a fan of the space opera vibe.

Same here. 3 had some really good ones but was less consistent than the others. Reach wins out for me for how perfectly it captured the tragic feel of the game.

Halo 2 comes next without a doubt. It has some of everything. Some of the most iconic fast paced action tracks in gaming, as well as some downright unnerving or somber stuff. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol they’ll get over it. 

Its not that it was bad. It follows the appropriate trilogy pattern.

The beginning is the introduction and gradually leads you into the epic trilogy, and the music reflects that.

The second of most trilogies is when you get super epic and badass, and Halo 2 delivers in all aspects.

Then the third is the end so it’s overly dramatic and opera esque.

So space opera is a perfect way to end the series but it just doesn’t compare to the first two’s atmosphere. It can’t really. Just the natural order of things.

Do you still remember those teasers and trailers on tv leading up to Halo 3?

I still remember being so hyped for it.

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I remember the commercials with Chief throwing down that bubble shield and jumping onto a brute chieftain. Good times. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I do though to be honest I wasn’t as drawn in by them as everyone else. They had nothing on Halo 2.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Same here. 3 had some really good ones but was less consistent than the others. Reach wins out for me for how perfectly it captured the tragic feel of the game.

Halo 2 comes next without a doubt. It has some of everything. Some of the most iconic faces paced action tracks in gaming, as well as some downright unnerving or somber stuff. 

In Amber Clad.

I still get wet to that.

I take it back, leading up to Halo Reach was the most hyped I've ever been for a game.

Those Game Informer magazines showed off what I thought to be the most advanced looking graphics I'd ever seen, plus those live action trailers made my knees weak.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I remember the commercials with Chief throwing down that bubble shield and jumping onto a brute chieftain. Good times. 

Yep that's the one.

Have y'all seen the Halo CE and 2 Designer Commentaries yet?

I know I've mentioned them many times but god it needs a watch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh my god the idea of actually making your own spartan that unlike the older game's multiplayer was in the campaign was revolutionary to me as a halo fan.

And such a badass one at that. I love how they decided give Noble 6 an ambiguous background by basically running a black marker over his files and saying that shit was classified by ONI.

Basically “The guy you’re controlling is scary even for a Spartan. That’s all you need to know.”

• Like 2