Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t get it

A bad joke.

I dont think there was an all woman African unit of warriors during the time peroid, yet Creative Assembly seems to be trying to draw to a certain crowd.

Lol in fact the dudes on the elephant are black

I was confused, I just looked at their armor, and it seemed like they we're Greeks or Macedonians, but yeah they seem to be light Africans XD

Light, nigga how black do you think Africans were? XD not all of them were crispy you know.

Anyway don’t worry I’m sure they’ll make a DLC for Canadians some day.

We already are in Empire XD

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Figure skating ain’t Total War worthy. 

Nah kicking your asses in the Battle of Quebec certainly was.

battle-of-quebec.jpg

First off your pic failed, second, calling that kicking our asses has to be the best example of a historical consolation prize I’ve ever seen XD 

We lost because we didn’t expect y’all to be so fond of British cock down your throats. Clearly we misjudged.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

First off your pic failed, second, calling that kicking our asses has to be the best example of a historical consolation prize I’ve ever seen XD 

We lost because we didn’t expect y’all to be so fond of British cock down your throats. Clearly we misjudged.

Battle of Quebec was the biggest disaster for the Americans in the entire war XD

Nah it's because you were so deadset on spreading your ideas of freedom, you didn't expect people to fight back. Which  happened. Happened again in the War of 1812. Every American invasion against Canadian soil has ended with you guys going home XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What a sad statement.

"Hey guys wanna join the States?"

"No we like it here with the Brits"

"Well you have too. We aint giving you a choice. This is freedom!" *Attacks a colony that wanted to have nothing to do with the war, gets there asses kicked and there general killed. Runs back home* 

You guys like to pretend Canadians are pussies or whatever, but every time you've attacked us we've driven you back.

It’s like the Hammerfell thing. The other races failed to populate the place because before the Redguards, no one tried very hard to take it in the first place. You’re talking skirmishes and making them out to be large scale incursions.

Its pathetic.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s like the Hammerfell thing. The other races failed to populate the place because before the Redguards, no one tried very hard to take it in the first place. You’re talking skirmishes and making them out to be large scale incursions.

Its pathetic.

It stopped any incursions from Americans into Canada during the rest of the Revolutionary War, had thousands of troops during the actual siege, and resulted in an important American general (one close to Georgie Boy) getting killed. It was a major victory.

But whatever helps you sleep at night Colonel..

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dude most people don’t even count it as a Canadian victory, they count it as a British one, again because it wasn’t a fight with Canada.

British Regulars heavily supported by Canadian irregulars, (it's the Canadians who hid inside and waited for the Rebel troops to pass them before unleashing salvo after salvo of musket fire)

I don't want to seem like a dick, but culturally, its treated like a big deal here. Sorry if I came across as rude :( 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I really don’t understand why, the Americans came there to help the Canadians, even if most of them did not mind the British.

In fact there was Canadian aid on the American side as well. 

That's not how the Canadians saw it. They thought the Americans we're there to take away their way of life (Canadians Colonial laws and systems we're a weird mix between British and French) 

39 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's not how the Canadians saw it. They thought the Americans we're there to take away their way of life (Canadians Colonial laws and systems we're a weird mix between British and French) 

I had never heard of this battle, but according to the Wiki, there were Canadians on both sides of it. I imagine it was more about trying to take out the British support lines. The Brits were the aggressors in the war, after all.

But, I think most Americans who joke about Canadians being pussies are talking about modern history. I have Quebecois ancestors myself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Celan said:

I had never heard of this battle, but according to the Wiki, there were Canadians on both sides of it. I imagine it was more about trying to take out the British support lines. The Brits were the aggressors in the war, after all.

But, I think most Americans who joke about Canadians being pussies are talking about modern history. I have Quebecois ancestors myself.

"The Battle of Quebec (French: Bataille de Québec) was fought on December 31, 1775, between American Continental Army forces and the British defenders of Quebec City early in the American Revolutionary War. The battle was the first major defeat of the war for the Americans, and it came with heavy losses. General Richard Montgomery was killed, Benedict Arnold was wounded, and Daniel Morgan and more than 400 men were taken prisoner. The city's garrison, a motley assortment of regular troops and militia led by Quebec's provincial governor, General Guy Carleton, suffered a small number of casualties."

They came to "liberate" the Canadian Colonies, but I guess it could have been to cut off their main focus from allies.

And whilst there was a small amount of Canadians who wanted to join the revolutionaries, a large majority either wanted to stay out of it, or sided with the British. Alot of American Loyalists ended up here after the war.

"In the battle and the following siege, French-speaking Canadians were active on both sides of the conflict.

The American forces received supplies and logistical support from local residents, and the city's defenders included locally raised militia. When the Americans retreated, they were accompanied by a number of their supporters; those who remained behind were subjected to a variety of punishments after the British re-established control over the province."

"Its goal, as stated in a proclamation by General Schuyler, was to 'drive away, if possible, the troops of Great Britain' that 'under the orders of a despotic ministry ... aim to subject their fellow-citizens and brethren to the yoke of a hard slavery.'"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1