Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You got Viking'd by the by.

Ah but I see a few new that really faking looking female armor set, and that pretty awesome lion shit. But to be honest...i've never heard of these African Kingdoms before. I thought Carthage was the only Empire in Africa at the time? 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Ah but I see a few new that really faking looking female armor set, and that pretty awesome lion shit. But to be honest...i've never heard of these African Kingdoms before. I thought Carthage was the only Empire in Africa at the time? 

I'm unfamiliar with anything in Africa minus the Mediterranean north, the factions they mentioned were either tribal confederations or kingdoms but no Empires.

Female Leaders – Free LC

>Following in Zenobia’s footsteps, Cleopatra and Teuta are now fully playable as faction leaders and generals, along with custom visuals and voice-over.
>Important female characters have been added to all campaigns and across all factions. In some cultures, like Rome and Greek – women can only serve a social/political role while in other women can be generals and fight alongside men.
>For cultures where women can’t hold public offices there is a special “Cursus Honorum” path that follows the increase in “behind-the-stage” political influence of women.
>There are special events (dilemmas) that portray the trials and tribulations associated with women coming to power in ancient times. Usually, there are traditions and prejudice standing in the way. Such events allow the player to recruit a female leader or gain some other bonuses from parties that would oppose such a decision.
>Faction leaders of opposite gender can now marry as a diplomatic action, significantly strengthening the relations between the two factions.
>The basic marriage action now has political implications.

Uh Oh the steam forums are going to be pretty hot for the new few weeks....

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Female Leaders – Free LC

>Following in Zenobia’s footsteps, Cleopatra and Teuta are now fully playable as faction leaders and generals, along with custom visuals and voice-over.
>Important female characters have been added to all campaigns and across all factions. In some cultures, like Rome and Greek – women can only serve a social/political role while in other women can be generals and fight alongside men.
>For cultures where women can’t hold public offices there is a special “Cursus Honorum” path that follows the increase in “behind-the-stage” political influence of women.
>There are special events (dilemmas) that portray the trials and tribulations associated with women coming to power in ancient times. Usually, there are traditions and prejudice standing in the way. Such events allow the player to recruit a female leader or gain some other bonuses from parties that would oppose such a decision.
>Faction leaders of opposite gender can now marry as a diplomatic action, significantly strengthening the relations between the two factions.
>The basic marriage action now has political implications.

Uh Oh the steam forums are going to be pretty hot for the new few weeks....

I like everything about that except the female generals, in 'Barbarian' cultures the woman would defend their homes same as the men but in cases of sallying from their villages and towns to fight alongside the men? That's pretty damn rare.

Hey in Warhammer sure, but I like my historical tittles to be historical.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well actually guys, according to the history channel, Vikings had whole clans of lesbian women fighting without any men. Facts.

Lagthera is bisexual not a lesbian :D Unless of course they gave her a cadre of lesbian viking shield maiden bodyguards...

EH....I wouldn't mind if it was a few unique generals like Boudica that come as an event, but it seems a little strange you can recruit female generals now...

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Potato potato, was talking about her band of female fighters out of nowhere.

We Wuz Warriors

-Feminists

Though in the case of Rome 2, it's We Wuz Kangz XD

Like hell a half naked Tribemen is going to be able to take on a heavily armored, disciplined and trained Hellesenic Soldier

DK_GIF2_KUSH.jpg?t=1519139233

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though in the case of Rome 2, it's We Wuz Kangz XD

Like hell a half naked Tribemen is going to be able to take on a heavily armored, disciplined and trained Hellesenic Soldier

It looks good on trailers. Also tiny teddy bears in the stone age should not be able to take down trained soldiers from a space faring empire. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It looks good on trailers. Also tiny teddy bears in the stone age should not be able to take down trained soldiers from a space faring empire. 

Eh there wearing Lionskins and fighting a spearwall of seemingly Greek Mercenaries. I just think it looks stupid.

Maybe there high or something...

I dont even know who this DLC is supposed to appeal too. They could have added fucking India (that would be the shit) or done an overhaul of the Persian factions...but nope they gave us some African tribes nobody gives a fuck about.

Man, the Empire of the Sands DLC was way cooler...we got fucking African Hyenas,

ss_3057c42dc0b5821aa60ce94c0874f458471a2

Cool Units with alot of new assests 

700px-Himyar.png

And some of the more unique factions in the entire game that added alot of flavor to an area that was sorely needed it.

These ones seem...like they had alot less effort put into them.

That's why I think they did it for the Black Panther fans...