Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Please. Nazis are just as much snowflakes as edgy liberals. 

Celan wasn’t defending Nazis. She was pointing out the fact that 99% of the people referred to as Nazis in recent years are nothing of the sort.

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But there IS a crowd that get's genuinely upset at stupid shit. Like when they revealed Ellie was gay in The Last of US dlc, or that Billie Lurke was going to be the main character of Death of the Outsider. 

Like this. This has nothing to do with Nazis. And some edgy pricks halfway down an obscure comment section aren’t really indicative of much either. 

In fact, that third one was definitely a joke. 

"Nazism is a religion of peace!"

You should’ve picked up on that, Troll King. XD 

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Celan wasn’t defending Nazis. She was pointing out the fact that 99% of the people referred to as Nazis in recent years are nothing of the sort.

Like this. This has nothing to do with Nazis. And some edgy pricks halfway down an obscure comment section aren’t really indicative of much either. 

In fact, that third one was definitely a joke. 

"Nazism is a religion of peace!"

You should’ve picked up on that, Troll King. XD 

I know the connotations to a certain other ideology but I see that used all the time non-ironically too. XD

I'm not claiming Celan is defending Nazis. I'm saying people like to shout about how it's always the left throwing fits when they don't like something, but I see the right doing it alot too. And extremist people like Nazis and communists. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I know the connotations to a certain other ideology but I see that used all the time non-ironically too. XD

I'm not claiming Celan is defending Nazis. I'm saying people like to shout about how it's always the left throwing fits when they don't like something, but I see the right doing it alot too. And extremist people like Nazis and communists. 

You can find examples of fits like that from any kind of people. The reason the left gets the most flack for it lately is because they have by far the most influence, and it actually has had an effect on the entertainment industry. But there aren’t any game developers catering to the twenty wannabe Nazi trolls who’d rather get a Wolfenstein game where they can side with Hitler.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You can find examples of fits like that from any kind of people. The reason the left gets the most flack for it lately is because they have by far the most influence, and it actually has had an effect on the entertainment industry. But there aren’t any game developers catering to the twenty wannabe Nazi trolls who’d rather get a Wolfenstein game where they can side with Hitler.

But there was a time not long ago when the exact opposite was the case, media like video games, movies, and other stuff would be censored out of worry for offending Christian groups, and other parties. It's a flip flop. "It's Satanic don't let our childredn be corrupted by it!" Now it's "Oh no thing of the virtual females, there showing too much skin, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk" 

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But there was a time not long ago when the exact opposite was the case, media like video games, movies, and other stuff would be censored out of worry for offending Christian groups, and other parties. It's a flip flop. "It's Satanic don't let our childredn be corrupted by it!" Now it's "Oh no thing of the virtual females, there showing too much skin, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk" 

Um no nigga this has neeeever happened. They have never censored a video game in this country for Christians, and even if they did, all Christians are not “the right”.

The media has been attacking video games for years and the media for as long as I can remember and beyond has always been liberal.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Um no nigga this has neeeever happened. They have never censored a video game in this country for Christians, and even if they did, all Christians are not “the right”.

The media has been attacking video games for years and the media for as long as I can remember and beyond has always been liberal.

It's called a moral panic, and yes, Christianity at one time was very much against video games. Same with Dungeons and Dragons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic#1970s–present:_video_games_and_violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_video_games

Shit like Fox News and Jack Thompson are associated with the left?

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's called a moral panic, and yes, Christianity at one time was very much against video games.

He said that Christians haven’t managed to get videogames censored, not that there weren’t/aren’t Christians against them. It doesn’t even come close to comparing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's called a moral panic, and yes, Christianity at one time was very much against video games. Same with Dungeons and Dragons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic#1970s–present:_video_games_and_violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_video_games

Shit like Fox News and Jack Thompson are associated with the left?

I’m honestly having trouble seeing if you’re just trolling me or not. Fox News and Jack Thompson do not represent Christianity. 

The “Right” were not the only ones as Christians afraid of what effect video games could have on their kids, and even were that true, they have NEVER caved as a result of that fear or moral panic.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Boy that was fucking weird XD I like it

Reminds me of the terrible old man XD

maxresdefault.jpg

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m honestly having trouble seeing if you’re just trolling me or not. Fox News and Jack Thompson do not represent Christianity. 

The “Right” were not the only ones as Christians afraid of what effect video games could have on their kids, and even were that true, they have NEVER caved as a result of that fear or moral panic.

When I say Christianity in this context, I refer to "the Christian right", the Christianity that is represented by stuff like Fox News. And a big advocate of video game censorship in the eighties, nineties, and 2000's is from that group.  I just find it hypocritical the right's always talking (rightfully so) about censorship in stuff like Video games, but they were the primary advocates for it in it's infancy. 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reminds me of the terrible old man XD

maxresdefault.jpg

When I say Christianity in this context, I refer to "the Christian right", the Christianity that is represented by stuff like Fox News. And a big advocate of video game censorship in the eighties, nineties, and 2000's is from that group.  I just find it hypocritical the right's always talking (rightfully so) about censorship in stuff like Video games, but they were the primary advocates for it in it's infancy. 

The Christian Right, as you call it, was not the primary advocate, Christianity period was, unless you’re gonna tell me for instance that the African Methodist Episcopal, A.M.E, are part of the “Christian Right”.

Fox news was faaaar from the only news source shitting on Videogames, CNN has been the one spearheading that from the get go, as well as every other news source that didn’t want to miss out on the sensationalism. Period.

No way in hell are you gonna try that today, nigga. The left has been far more influential in influencing media. Even were I to give this to you, that’s literally your only example whereas we can talk all day about how liberalism has effected society, media included.

• Like 1

On top of what Colonel said, even if all that was accurate, and even if the influence was proportional (and it’s not even close), it would hardly be hypocritical for people on the right today to criticize the modern left’s influence on videogames just because a bunch of baby boomers did back in the 80s and 90s. The right has changed a lot since that era, and most of this generation of conservatives gladly distances itself from the Reagan-Bush era sorts in many regards, including this one.

Hell, I challenge you to find a young conservative gamer who even watches Fox News.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You really need to watch the Witch, it was that directors last movie, and it's really good XD Not scary, but very unsettling and creepy. 

Colonel and I watched The Witch, back when Netflix still worked on rabb.it

My ancestors. XD 

As for moral panic, the most famous moral panic of the 80s was led by the wife of Al Gore. Yes, that guy who was Clinton's VP and lost a presidential run and since has been touring the world in luxury while preaching environmental panic.

http://www.vh1.com/news/54726/remembering-the-80s-heavy-metal-satanic-panic/

Also the most prominent crusader against video games that I know of is that fossil of a California Senator, Dianne Feinstein- decidedly not from the right.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dianne-feinstein-video-games_n_3016703

• Like 1