Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh boy. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

No. It was just easy to guess. XD 

Oh well in the case, 01 in the morning, snuck behind the vehicle pool :Banana: probably gonna have an Aussie baby I’ll never know about idk

Fuck:dntknw:

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sounds like a good time. Family reunion or were y'all just hanging out?

Just hangin out tho it feels like a reunion since we don’t see each other much. Since my great grandad died they’ve been trying to do it more.

My uncle was also mad because I decided to keep my 1911 instead of sell it to him lol and I pissed everyone off nearly for talkin shit about the whack ass Cowboys.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

FWIW this reddit post from a Polish speaker says that some of the books make clear in the original that Geralt is carrying two swords on his person, not just in his possession.

While other books make it clear he had it on Roach. So it seems like the correct answer is "both".

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yes, he sometimes carried one on his horse, but the showrunners are mocking gamers for asking where his two swords are- when he did actually carry both at times.

Are they really? That’s a dick move either way. Not a good way to make people want to support them. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Are they really? That’s a dick move either way. Not a good way to make people want to support them. 

Yes, the official Netflix Twitter account did.

Also it's an interesting reminder as I'm reading that part of The Last Wish, he says some monsters can't be killed with silver and can only be killed with meteorite steel. So when he says "both swords are for monsters," he really means it, not just the metaphor that humans can be monsters, too.

• Like 1

In further the defense of the sword thing though (not of Netflix being dicks), I’ve never met any non-Polish speaker who’s actually read Season of Storms. I think it only just got translated and published in English in the last year, even though the book itself is like five or six years old. 

Very interesting stuff, definitely changes up the debate about the show's decisions. Season of Storms may be a recent translation but they have access to the dang author, and they even admit that they didn't even read the books and went by those comics, which is really really shitty. So they havent taken in the two most prevalent sources of content into consideration for this show they've put together which is insane. And suuuper lazy.

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

I've read it. XD

Any good? I heard it had little to do with the rest of the series so I never really felt motivated to get it. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

and they even admit that they didn't even read the books and went by those comics,

Wait, really? That’s retarded. 

Any good?

Eh, it's more witcher content but honestly its pretty much filler.

It's like if I decided to write another Baldur's adventure except with Rebbabo back in whiterun for the hell of it.

Any good? I heard it had little to do with the rest of the series so I never really felt motivated to get it. 

Wait, really? That’s retarded. 

It's okay.

Here is the clearest reference:

"Geralt didn't move. On his back, he felt the familiar weight of his two swords, which he had been missing for a month."  - Season of Storms, ch. 20

Just now, Daddy Solaire said:

STOP WITH THE FUCKING SPOILERS OR IMA SAY IT.

Nigga you should've been played it XD Spoiler grace period is over. 

Plus, that's not a spoiler, you don't have to dump her, you can choose not to.