Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wtf is going on with them? Is this what happens when you become too big a company? Just start fucking up in every department?

I don't fucking know. Thing is this isn't a new triple A game, or some revolutinary thing. It's a fucking Doom port. A DOOM PORT. Something they've done countless times before, yet they royally screwed it up.

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rolleyes: we all know that already. It’s still lame. Plus, they handpick what they want to come from the books and what they don’t. Should’ve stuck with the game

That’s one thing I always thought was really cool in the books, myself. Wouldn’t want it for the games because two swords makes for really smooth gameplay where we can toggle between them. But I liked the way the silver sword was this special thing that warranted a whole scene taking it out and unraveling it during all his prep work before going after a monster. Made it feel like a big deal when he switched to it, instead of just an alternate sword.

Like, steel is plain shit for everyday use and wear. But if Geralt comes equipped with his silver sword, you know shit is real.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

But nothing beats the looks on peasants faces when they see this glowy eyed nigga with two swords on his back walking into a tavern XD Iconic.

Besides, what if something jumps you in a dark alley and some pissant stole your blade from your horse because it’s speshul and you don’t wanna whip it out except for speshul occasions? Now you’re fucked.

My vote will always go to stuntin on niggas.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Besides, what if something jumps you in a dark alley and some pissant stole your blade from your horse because it’s speshul and you don’t wanna whip it out except for speshul occasions? Now you’re fucked.

You be Geralt and don’t let pissants steal from you. And getting jumped by monsters is much rarer in the books than the games. CDPR had to populate the world with more or it wouldn’t be as fun to run around in (which the war and tons of unburned bodies creates a perfect excuse for). 

But to each his own. Flashy has never been my thing. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

It never really happened in the games either until Witcher 3, actually, so I’m well aware but getting jumped by pissants definitely does, and the threat of them stealing your shit is a pretty practical reason not to leave your speshul weapon on the horse imo.

And I know, Missourian XD 

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s one thing I always thought was really cool in the books, myself. Wouldn’t want it for the games because two swords makes for really smooth gameplay where we can toggle between them. But I liked the way the silver sword was this special thing that warranted a whole scene taking it out and unraveling it during all his prep work before going after a monster. Made it feel like a big deal when he switched to it, instead of just an alternate sword.

Like, steel is plain shit for everyday use and wear. But if Geralt comes equipped with his silver sword, you know shit is real.

It's weird, though, because it's not always obvious in the books which one he is carrying. And peasants know he's a witcher because of two swords- how do they know that if he only ever has one on at a time? Though I grant you, he is usually described as a man "with a sword."

7 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But nothing beats the looks on peasants faces when they see this glowy eyed nigga with two swords on his back walking into a tavern XD Iconic.

Roach would run away. XD Though peasants do try to steal his stuff off his horse in The Last Wish- they're stopped by Jackdaws/ Villentretenmerth. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And again, it doesn’t matter what it’s like in the books, because they pick and choose what they want to take from it.

Yes but I haven’t seen any instances where they ignored the books in order to take something from the games. They’ve mostly either followed the books or come up with their own stuff, and really that so far seems to mostly just be character appearance related stuff. We know next to nothing about what the world and writing will be like currently.

And for the sake of a tv show, wearing one sword is much easier to work with. Stunts, fight scenes, and whatnot would be much more difficult for a regular, non-witcher human to perform with two swords on his back.

I don’t think it would be that difficult considering the swords are skinny and also probably fake, and possibly even lighter than an already light actual sword.

As for books to game to movie, I don’t honestly care because appearance to me also includes kit, and physical appearance for one, and arbitrarily picking and choosing what they want from the books isn’t gonna make me like the decisions they’ve picked thus far anymore than I do now.

Neither is pointing out details from the books that we already all are aware of.

I know that swords are light. A lot of stunt work is difficult with anything loose on the body, let alone two scabbards bouncing around and catching on shit, regardless of their weight. One is simply more practical.

49 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Neither is pointing out details from the books that we already all are aware of.

Nobody is saying you aren’t aware of those details. I just think it’s odd to shit on the show when they choose to do something according to the books just because they haven’t managed a perfect reconstruction of them in all other areas. No adaptation is going to be that good, but apparently because they didn’t cast the perfect actors they might as well not try at all in any other area because they’ve entered the realm of “picking and choosing”.

But meh. I don’t care enough to keep going with this. I was giving my different opinion, not trying to start another argument. Don’t know why it always has to go that way.

As for the actors, it’s like they didn’t even try. I don’t even feel like I’m being Harsh or unforgiving,  I really feel like it wasn’t fans that made this, Or like the author just didn’t care, or just wanted to separate himself from the game entirely. Which I find odd, considering if it wasn’t for the game, would there even be a show?

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know that swords are light. A lot of stunt work is difficult with anything loose on the body, let alone two scabbards bouncing around and catching on shit, regardless of their weight. One is simply more practical.

Tie them closer to the costume, or at least the one you want used in the scene specifically and have the other one loose. Simple. The costume teams handle things like this all the time.

I saw this as a joke but it’s actually some pretty funny trivia. Ever since Mace Tyrell died in season 6, this kid has been the longest-serving high lord in all of Westeros. 

Screen-Shot-2015-12-02-at-2.26.17-PM.png

And out of every named character at that stupid council of lords at the end, he’s ruled the longest. XD 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I never expected Bethesda would make EA start to look better in comparison. 

Eh...I still wouldn't go that far. Bethesda is doing sketchy stuff, but I think alot of it comes down to incompetence rather then Malice like EA. (Barring some stuff like 76) But maybe that makes them worse in a weird way.