Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

I actually found this super cool Cyberpunk RPG for IPhone where you play as this redhead with a cybernetic great sword and cool tech powers, even Blink.

Its real time but you get an ability to do your actions by “planning” and executing them afterwards. Like an advanced Vats system.

Not gonna lie it’s a lot of fun. And no micro transactions that I see, it’s a one and done purchase.

Transistor.

9C7A750E-DCC2-4638-93C7-FA917EA661F8.thumb.png.b522d132863a0e68cb4b9f1e597eb97a.png50EBEDD4-DB02-4B33-9609-74BB9EF90138.thumb.jpeg.582474b899b5e7d677a06d7aec54dc95.jpeg9F049B34-E197-44AC-BF06-B888298C270D.thumb.jpeg.d0bc31811daf6b59ab3140120c5bb669.jpeg1DD25F7A-462C-4B70-B89C-C7F48C971702.thumb.gif.b4a85fb7eec12b02166910b88a106937.gif

Musics pretty dang good too

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not a show fan. I’m as skeptical as anyone, but I’ll still “preen” about that because the games shouldn’t even be in the equation here. We may wish they were (I’d prefer it for sure) but it’s been made very clear that they aren’t, so why bother getting upset that they did things differently?

In my opinion the games overall did even better than the books in many ways, but whole they did do a great job, they still weren’t perfect in depicting all of the characters as they were in the books either. Ultimately, the show and games are gonna have some different priorities, and the show will probably get some shit right that the games didn’t, and vice versa. Or it will be trash that doesn’t even try. We’ll see.

I don't expect the show to mimic the games, they themselves say they're based on the books and the games are more faithful to the books in their presentation of the characters.

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I can’t decide between Yen and Triss on this playthrough again XD 

I noticed that people just assume you like Triss in the city (Dijkstra), and in Skellige they assume you love Yen (Cerys).

Its annoying lol XD 

Cerys probably curious because she knows her dad banged Yennefer back in the day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I don't expect the show to mimic the games, they themselves say they're based on the books and the games are more faithful to the books in their presentation of the characters.

Cerys probably curious because she knows her dad banged Yennefer back in the day.

Blech I forgot about that. Well at least he’s cool.

About the Nilfgaardian scrotum armor...

Someone on reddit posted something supposedly from someone in the production that said the female lead writers wanted the armor to make the Nilfs look like literal dickheads. This would include the chick who has "patriarchy smasher" in her Twitter bio.

That's more believable than that they thought armor should actually look like that.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Celan said:

About the Nilfgaardian scrotum armor...

Someone on reddit posted something supposedly from someone in the production that said the female lead writers wanted the armor to make the Nilfs look like literal dickheads. This would include the chick who has "patriarchy smasher" in her Twitter bio.

That's more believable than that they thought armor should actually look like that.

Sure for visual shorthands but they're not doing a comedy (as far as I know) where the outfits can be outrageously silly and unrealistic. Is their entire production so messed up they can only surround the writers with yes men? 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The dream I just had about infiltrating the govt as they’re killing off adults to power some vaporizing machine 

Sounds like a young adult dystopian novel that would become a movie starring a plain looking female protagonist leading a band of misfits.

”They’re killing all the adults!”

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Never heard of it. Though it's also written by something called "South China" so I suspect this might be fake news. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

12 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

You might be right about fun moments, but my favorite with either of them is telling Yen that nothing feels different after killing the Djinn. 

I dunno, that “I love you Yen” was cringey as fuck XD It was a very sweet moment tho.

Buuuut for me Triss has her beat with the party, and his “I love you Triss” when she’s leaving sounds so much more genuine.

Triss got game, so much game lol.

And it feels just like old times when they’re banging and someone somewhere hears or sees them but don’t realize it XD Geralt and Triss fuck sessions are quite Rebba esque.

Referencing the rose of remembrance scene with the dwarf in Witcher 2, and the lighthouse scene in 3

Don’t get me wrong, as far as Yen vs Triss I still stand by the arguments I made in the past for Yen storywise, but for me my Triss playthroughs were more enjoyable overall.

Plus, we get to kick so much ass together in Novigrad. The city quests are the best part of the game too tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

Plus who the hell doesn't know him.

Probably way more people don’t know him than do. And I mean, these guys are under orders to confiscate shampoo. Imagine not knowing what Death Stranding is and then some crazy foreign guy walks up carrying an electronic baby in a jar.

You’ve gotta ask at least.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.