• Brund Hammer-Fang
    • Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

@The Good Doctor (Only tagging you because I think you're the only one who read it XD)

The origins posts I'm doing are from a Royal Roscrean's perspective who is the author. (aka the Imperialized ones.)

The first post was hinted to be his first publication. It's entirely from his biased point of view and due to uncertainty of publication and worry about monetary gain the parchment was short.

Forward to the next post, years have passed and what was a single parchment that could stand alone was re purposed as the start of a collection. The author is more experienced in writing, is established with an organization that can support his writings, and is less biased having traveled beyond his homeland. Thus writing something much longer (while still keeping the Morrowind and Oblivion bookstyle and length) and in greater depth. This is going to be my way of introducing some of the Roscrea 2.0 lore without constantly talking about unrelated stuff in posts.

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor (Only tagging you because I think you're the only one who read it XD)

Reveal hidden contents

The origins posts I'm doing are from a Royal Roscrean's perspective who is the author. (aka the Imperialized ones.)

The first post was hinted to be his first publication. It's entirely from his biased point of view and due to uncertainty of publication and worry about monetary gain the parchment was short.

Forward to the next post, years have passed and what was a single parchment that could stand alone was re purposed as the start of a collection. The author is more experienced in writing, is established with an organization that can support his writings, and is less biased having traveled beyond his homeland. Thus writing something much longer (while still keeping the Morrowind and Oblivion bookstyle and length) and in greater depth. This is going to be my way of introducing some of the Roscrea 2.0 lore without constantly talking about unrelated stuff in posts.

I haven’t finished reading it yet. Started last night but didn’t reach the end. Will read your spoiler after I’m done. 

Right now I will say that for a passage written by Roscrean, the intro is the most Imperial thing I’ve read in a long while on here. XD And I liked seeing another reference to the Geographical Society (I believe BT has done so as well).

That said, I’m back to reading now. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

@TheCzarsHussar

I rather enjoy these Roscrea v2.0 cultures. Quite a bit more than I did the old ones, in fact. This is in mainly due to them feeling much more in-line with TES lore as a whole, with their unique aspects feeling much more natural. I will say, an updated map would be helpful to go along with the changes.

I love the Kyne-obsessed lowlanders who ignore all politics and squabbles and just hunt all the fucking time. My kind of people. XD  And a culture of Atmoriants who wear armor fashioned out of carved boar bone is just badass imagery. Too bad we ain’t getting any of them in the war.

The frozen-over ruins of ancient dragon worshippers is very 'TES'. Every land in this series has got their own unique sorts of ruins, so I like seeing something like that in Roscrea. I hope they’ve got some sort of ice draugr or something in them. And ancient ice-preserved corpses serving as landmarks in that barren region is very cool. :P And I do enjoy the thought of these local mammoth herders traveling great distances to civilized lands and setting up shop outside cities so they can sell mammoths at exorbitant prices to the highest bidders

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I rather enjoy these Roscrea v2.0 cultures. Quite a bit more than I did the old ones, in fact. This is in mainly due to them feeling much more in-line with TES lore as a whole, with their unique aspects feeling much more natural. I will say, an updated map would be helpful to go along with the changes.

Oh yeah the old map is largely null and void, several locations would swap around, and others would just disappear.

1194606754_RoscreaMap.jpg.fd193dc1f7e625db4a7c481b50c762b1.thumb.jpg.807702251c69cfd48b3a4800ff7d30de.jpg

Forgive the poorly done microsoft paint monstrosity that I've done to BT's map, but the area marked in green correlates to the Boreal Lowlands with the blue dot being Boarstruffles.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love the Kyne-obsessed lowlanders who just hunt all the fucking time. My kind of people. XD  And a culture of Atmoriants who wear armor fashioned out of carved boar bone is just cool imagery 

Did you catch on to that little bit of flack towards Uriel I had Ethurmenas unintentionally put in? Oh sure Uriel just let them be because they didn't have industry and didn't oppose him. Nah, a society that fucking hunts beasts literally as large as they are, and who are themselves pretty damn hunky, on a daily basis that also worships Kyne obsessively? Lets just leave them alone, filthy barbarians. Gulp

Real shit, in Roscrea 2.0 the absolute cream of the crop in warriors would come from the lowlands. Let the dragon worshipping Middlanders mine their glass and farm in the rich extinct volcanic valleys, let the wimpy Imperialized eastern folk do whatever the fuck it is they do. They'll just be honoring Kyne constantly and getting sweet ass ivory bone armor while they're at it.

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The frozen-over ruins of ancient dragon worshippers is very 'TES'. Every land in this series has got their own unique sorts of ruins, so I like seeing something like that in Roscrea. I hope they’ve got some sort of ice draugr or something in them. And ancient ice-preserved corpses serving as landmarks in that barren region is very cool. :P 

Damn right those ruins are dangerous as all hell. It also serves to show that all of Roscrea was beholden to the priesthood in far off ancient times, where the worship of dragons only survived into modern times in the region where it held the most power.

And the ice preserved landmarks were absolutely inspired by the grim reality that is the corpses on Mount Everest serving as landmarks. Except here it's more sacred and lowkey spiritually evil to leave them. If an entire clan is wiped out, nobody is left to bury their fallen kin, also hearkening to a nomad belief of their soul being trapped in the ice as well. A grim display of interclan strife.

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And I do enjoy the thought of these local mammoth herders traveling great distances to civilized lands and setting up shop outside cities so they can sell mammoths at exorbitant prices to the highest bidders

Fucking snow gypsies! XD

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Too bad we ain’t getting any of them in the war.

Mr edit. :P

Maybe, at best I can write in a black sheep of the family so to speak. Maybe a badass aforementioned wild Nord all decked out in ivory tusk armor. Gonna say it now, they'd freak the fuck out and bust a blood vessel if they saw either of those two brothers transform into Werebears.

[/Spoiler[

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah the old map is largely null and void, several locations would swap around, and others would just disappear.

1194606754_RoscreaMap.jpg.fd193dc1f7e625db4a7c481b50c762b1.thumb.jpg.807702251c69cfd48b3a4800ff7d30de.jpg

Forgive the poorly done microsoft paint monstrosity that I've done to BT's map, but the area marked in green correlates to the Boreal Lowlands with the blue dot being Boarstruffles.

Did you catch on to that little bit of flack towards Uriel I had Ethurmenas unintentionally put in? Oh sure Uriel just let them be because they didn't have industry and didn't oppose him. Nah, a society that fucking hunts beasts literally as large as they are, and who are themselves pretty damn hunky, on a daily basis that also worships Kyne obsessively? Lets just leave them alone, filthy barbarians. Gulp

Real shit, in Roscrea 2.0 the absolute cream of the crop in warriors would come from the lowlands. Let the dragon worshipping Middlanders mine their glass and farm in the rich extinct volcanic valleys, let the wimpy Imperialized eastern folk do whatever the fuck it is they do. They'll just be honoring Kyne constantly and getting sweet ass ivory bone armor while they're at it.

Damn right those ruins are dangerous as all hell. It also serves to show that all of Roscrea was beholden to the priesthood in far off ancient times, where the worship of dragons only survived into modern times in the region where it held the most power.

And the ice preserved landmarks were absolutely inspired by the grim reality that is the corpses on Mount Everest serving as landmarks. Except here it's more sacred and lowkey spiritually evil to leave them. If an entire clan is wiped out, nobody is left to bury their fallen kin, also hearkening to a nomad belief of their soul being trapped in the ice as well. A grim display of interclan strife.

Fucking snow gypsies! XD

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Did you catch on to that little bit of flack towards Uriel I had Ethurmenas unintentionally put in?

I didn’t make the connection while reading, but yeah I see it now. XD Makes sense. Why make an enemy out a bunch of dangerous and zealous crazies when they don’t really offer that much to begin with? It’s not like Uriel’s Legions sailing up from Skyrim would have had easy access to the place either. 

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Except here it's more sacred and lowkey spiritually evil to leave them. If an entire clan is wiped out, nobody is left to bury their fallen kin, also hearkening to a nomad belief of their soul being trapped in the ice as well. A grim display of interclan strife.

Considering what universe this is, that belief is probably pretty well-founded. Atmoriant ice ghosts sound terrifying. 

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Maybe, at best I can write in a black sheep of the family so to speak. Maybe a badass aforementioned wild Nord all decked out in ivory tusk armor.

Do it. 

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Gonna say it now, they'd freak the fuck out and bust a blood vessel if they saw either of those two brothers transform into Werebears.

If that would be bad, I hate to imagine them seeing Lorgar. XD 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t make the connection while reading, but yeah I see it now. XD Makes sense. Why make an enemy out a bunch of dangerous and zealous crazies when they don’t really offer that much to begin with? It’s not like Uriel’s Legions sailing up from Skyrim would have had easy access to the place either.

There were several subtle hints of Uriel's conquest and their aftermath in my two origins posts. The other major one was the allusion to Uriel using the Thu'um when he absolutely could not. Tricking the native eastern Roscreans into seeing him as Ysmir, while the Middland Roscreans who still speak Dovahzul as a noble language called him false and cursed him in the language of the Dov... with (powerless) tongues of "bad breath" ;)

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Considering what universe this is, that belief is probably pretty well-founded. Atmoriant ice ghosts sound terrifying.

Ninth Ring of Hell intensifies. Seriously though, there was a whole lot of missed opportunities having creepy ass ghosts trapped within the ice in the sea of ghosts and/or northern Skyrim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Ninth Ring of Hell intensifies. Seriously though, there was a whole lot of missed opportunities having creepy ass ghosts trapped within the ice in the sea of ghosts and/or northern Skyrim.

Wispmothers come to mind. And they were one of the coolest enemies in Skyrim too. 

• Like 1

One thing I didn't go into details on that was always a thing about Boarstruffles (2.0), was within the Elder Hunter's Guide there was a leading member that unofficially great sway within their guild, like the Harbringer of the Companions.

The King of Bones presides as the greatest hunter of the guild, he who slays every type of beast in Roscrea and wears the bones in full harness of ivory armor. They can only hold this esteemed position so long as their pelt of bones doesn't disintegrate. Having to constantly add new victories to it.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wasn't the pre-burnt (the first time) lore-riften like expanded on the entire lake and was a really big city of both stone and woodwork?

I don’t know. I doubt it would’ve been the whole lake though. That would make it biggest city in Skyrim by far. Like, an absolutely ridiculous size.

Then again, if that comes from old pre-Skyrim lore they might not have shown the size of the lake on any maps yet, so it could’ve originally been planned as smaller. :dntknw:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know. I doubt it would’ve been the whole lake though. That would make it biggest city in Skyrim by far. Like, an absolutely ridiculous size.

Then again, if that comes from old pre-Skyrim lore they might not have shown the size of the lake on any maps yet, so it could’ve originally been planned as smaller. :dntknw:

Hosgunn Crossed-Daggers controversially ascended to Riften's throne in 4E 98 and instituted harsh taxes for his personal benefit. The citizens rebel and burn Hosgunn's castle to the ground with him inside, but the fire spreads to the rest of the city. Riften is rebuilt over the next five years, but remains little more than a "glorified fortress" of "wooden structures and rough stonework" compared to the sprawling city of old.
~UESP

I had my information wrong, it was just a pale shadow of it's former self.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Sorry I always forget, but what year is it currently in the RP? Wasn't it around 202-3?

More like 205-6. I’ll dig it up later if you remind me. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Last Dragonborn slays Alduin.

Alduacer:
a.thumb.png.a3cd9059d8e8d8a96b4d7521b6ab6942.png

Proof that we Nords are the correct Atmoran descendants. :P 

That was a funny read. Mostly because of the hefty dramatic irony.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Proof that we Nords are the correct Atmoran descendants. :P 

That was a funny read. Mostly because of the hefty dramatic irony.

Just you wait until they break out the deadliest of all weapons.

A giant swinging censer.

I do hope it was more then just funny lol, I'm planning on making several origin posts that follow the events leading up to the First Procession.

Because the sad truth of it all is that Atmoriants haven't any patron god that looks out for them, Shor bars his hall to the souls of dead Atmoriants who themselves don't even have Black Souls. Worshiping the dragons has always given them a sense of serenity and belonging. Their souls are 'saved' from an uncertain end, probably the void cough, through the practice and service of the dragon cult by anchoring them into their bodies after death as slumbering Draugr. To them Alduin betrayed them only by betraying his purpose, otherwise they were better off worshiping dragons as gods.

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Just you wait until they break out the deadliest of all weapons.

A giant swinging censer.

Reveal hidden contents

I do hope it was more then just funny lol, I'm planning on making several origin posts that follow the events leading up to the First Procession.

It was. XD You’re gotten good at adding some fun bits of culture like the mead-talks, and I enjoy seeing stuff like that. But since we’ve known about Alduin’s return and failure since 2011, there wasn’t much new in terms of story, which is why I didn’t have much to say in that regard. Still, I have always liked these sort of short and sweet world-building posts that you and BT do.
20 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Shor bars his hall to the souls of dead Atmoriants who themselves don't even have Black Souls

This seems a lot harder to determine in the lore than in Skyrim. Human, elven, and beast souls have differing values and power outside the game mechanics rather than just all being the equivalent of Grand, and some Dunmer even believe that beast races have far lesser souls. The gems are supposed to be a lot more finicky too.

25 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Their souls are 'saved' from an uncertain end, probably the void cough, through the practice and service of the dragon cult by anchoring them into their bodies after death as slumbering Draugr.

This is pretty rad, though. So there are a bunch of Atmoriant draugr? Where are they kept? Atmoran-styles burrows like the Nords but with higher ceilings? XD