Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

27 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Can someone point me to the grim trial posts. I need to look over them, but Km feeling lazy lol

8 minutes ago, Centurion said:

How long are the trials supposed to last?

Five weeks, I think. Or was it six?

Each week has a different theme, but I can't remember them all now. @ColonelKillaBee ?

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Five weeks, I think. Or was it six?

Each week has a different theme, but I can't remember them all now. @ColonelKillaBee ?

I believe the first two weeks are Marawikt, forgot how I spelled that lol, but the Tamrielic is Weeks of Mara. Then Tsunwikt, weeks of Tsun, then the last week is of Orkey, or Week of Oblivion.

The first two weeks consists of sparring, running while naked, sitting in frosty waters for thirty minutes while naked which is about how much a human can normally stand before frostbite sets in, but there's healers around.

Tsun week is the same, but no healers. The final week focuses on more tests of will like getting your ass beat with hammers and wooden boards or good ol fashioned fists, training under mage fire behind shield walls, and a little of the other shit theyve already done but also with barely any food or water.

After that there's the bonus trial where you face Orkey himself. You gotta hunt and kill a frost bear alone with the basic stormcloak kit, and bring back the furs and its heart. The trial is complete once you've brought the heart back to eat while donning its furs. Meat for the survivors to eat is a bonus since everyone's hungry by then.

But you're not required to do the last part. Killing Orkey makes you an officer amongst the grim ones. Commander. The best of the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He kindly brought them the dagger that Carlotta used to get her out of Riften. 

Ohhh lol I thought you were trying to be funny for a second XD In that asshole way of yours. Lol I remember now. You owe me a dagger. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I made y’all an axe. We’re even.

You made Rebec an axe. A ballin one too. Where's my shit? 

You got a flute with gems on it containing a sexy black man's soul, and you tossed it into hell. So you not only owe me a ballin ass weapon, you also owe me a Ra Gada.

And maybe a nice flute or other such instrument.

And a sister in law.

• Haha 2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

You made Rebec an axe. A ballin one too. Where's my shit? 

You got a flute with gems on it containing a sexy black man's soul, and you tossed it into hell. So you not only owe me a ballin ass weapon, you also owe me a Ra'gada.

And maybe a nice flute or other such instrument.

And a sister in law.

Rebec didn’t ask for the axe. Ain’t my fault Baldur ordered it for her and not himself. XD That one was a freebie.

Your plan cost me my old flute, and it didn’t have anyone’s soul in it when I got it, so far as I’m concerned that one’s square too. 

You killed Jodun first. Bastard.

You got me back for Carlotta with Maori.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

@TheCzarsHussar @BTCollins

Great post! Czar, your style of writing suits the knightly sort really well. Can’t put my finger on why, but I quite liked how it came across.

You know I like more POVs on the ground in High Rock. The way that kingdom and it’s culture has been developed is excellent, with us first seeing the cutthroat politics and war through Theo’s eyes, then we started getting the magical stuff through Morane’s, and now the chivalrous knightly stuff through Inwold. At this point I feel like all the major bases are pretty thoroughly covered.

I’m also a fan of Inwold’s POV showcasing the kingdom’s hierarchy so much. When he gets a letter, it ain’t from Theodore. That’s not even on the table. He gets it from the local Baron, who is several steps down and still way above him. Lafont feels like a minor person from Theo’s POV, but from Inwold’s he’s a big deal.

The return to his home was kinda morbidly funny, too. Looks like Inwold’s gonna have a lot of cleaning up to do after the mess his predecessor left behind. Pretty brutal that he immediately started trying to think of legal excuses to kill his ex wife and her husband. XD 

• Like 3

Thanks Doc!

Although I cant take too much credit, BT supervised everything I wrote and there were things I needed to edit up. Without BT's help I don't think it'd come across as well.

I tried mixing a very small amount of humor into the post near the end, all of it at Inwold's expense :), the man comes home smelling like shit and there ain't even any soap!

• Like 2

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks Doc!

Although I cant take too much credit, BT supervised everything I wrote and there were things I needed to edit up. Without BT's help I don't think it'd come across as well.

I tried mixing a very small amount of humor into the post near the end, all of it at Inwold's expense :), the man comes home smelling like shit and there ain't even any soap!

Well however y'all ended up making it, I like the final product. :thumbup:

Anyway, between Ubbe, Aetius, and Inwold, I like that we have so many front line POVs for the war. There are lots of commanders and rulers, but this "generation" of lower ranking characters kinda takes me back to chapters 1 and 2 when pretty much all of us were like that. I look forward to seeing what the conflicts look like now that we have such a mix between these new characters and our older ones who have moved up the ladder. Should make for some good diversity when it comes to depicting the war.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Thanks Doc!

Give yourself some credit! You did most of the writing, and I wouldn’t have thought to show the swearing of fealty stuff. Plus, like Doc said, your writing style translates really well to a knightly character. And it’s great we get to see a lower status character like Inwold, which isn’t something I would’ve thought to do myself.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Hide contents

Give yourself some credit! You did most of the writing, and I wouldn’t have thought to show the swearing of fealty stuff. Plus, like Doc said, your writing style translates really well to a knightly character. And it’s great we get to see a lower status character like Inwold, which isn’t something I would’ve thought to do myself.

Thank you for the kind words BT, but at the same time you really did help me.

The biggest thing I'm trying to go for with Inwold is he's not the shining example of Breton chivalric culture, I wanted a character who isn't a vulgar barbarian but neither a well spoken gentlemanly knight.

• Like 1