Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

Damn Witch, I never knew you had any artistic talent before we can here and then all the sudden you just start drawing all this cool shit. Both those emotes look really good

I had some talent in drawing as a kid. Never really continued to draw and hasn't really for several years. Figured now I might try to pick it up again, even if I might only be relatively decent one. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Witchie’s mom lifts pickup trucks in the morning just to get the blood going while he chops wood by kicking them for firewood.

Neither of them ever even tasted milk. Scandinavians man.

Actually we have a very large milk industry. I remember reading a little history on the topic and at the start of the 1900 when they managed to industrialize the pasteurization, there came this huge push to get people to drink milk in order to sell this new product. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Actually we have a very large milk industry. I remember reading a little history on the topic and at the start of the 1900 when they managed to industrialize the pasteurization, there came this huge push to get people to drink milk in order to sell this new product. 

Haha funny jokes witch, I like it. :clap:

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

So, you know how I decided to make rivers for High Rock, since Beth’s maps are lacking? Well, apparently part of that is now I have to name all those rivers lol. I’m not gonna put the names on the map though, it would just clutter it. But if for some reason anyone besides me needs a river name, just ask. Same thing with all those fief capitals I put everywhere. I already named them, though. Now just getting through the rivers. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's my fault BT needs to name the rivers, y'all can boo at Inwold.

Nah, you just reminded me I needed to name them. I couldn't have gone very long with having all those rivers be nameless. It would've bugged me too much

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Do we have any basis for those names, anything from Daggerfall?

I'm pulling from all over the place for these names lol. Not really any rhyme or reason. I can't pull from Daggerfall too much, though, since it's pretty limited to the area around Daggerfall and there's a much larger part of High Rock it doesn't show

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I'm pulling from all over the place for these names lol. Not really any rhyme or reason. I can't pull from Daggerfall too much, though, since it's pretty limited to the area around Daggerfall and there's a much larger part of High Rock it doesn't show

All of High Rock is featured in ESO tho. But ESO also compressed the provinces a lot more than normal anyway, so there’s some leeway

Fuck:dntknw:

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

All of High Rock is featured in ESO tho. But ESO also compressed the provinces a lot more than normal anyway, so there’s some leeway

Yes, but ESO has it's own problems, like changing the shape of the peninsula Daggerfall and Camlorn are on (making it ugly), moving Evermor south of the Bjoulsae River for some reason, and there's the problem of Daggerfall having the city of Daggerfall be on the Iliac, while ESO and and the Oblivion maps have it on the west coast of the peninsula. I don't like that location, though, and prefer something closer to the Daggerfall location. It makes more sense that a city of that size and prominence would be in a position that it can better control the trade into the Iliac and along the western coast. 

And as much as I appreciate some of the lore ESO added, I don't really like the compressed view of the map, because it makes it difficult to figure out where something would actually be. I've used some names and places from it, but I also like aspects from other maps as well, which is why I made my own, so I can compile all the things I like from the various maps into one map. And because there's things the game maps leave out, like mountain ranges mentioned in books. 

• Like 4

I personally don’t care for High Rock at all, unless it’s in this RP because your take on it is awesome so keep doing what your doing my man. I was just saying we did get a “newer” look at High Rock in its entirety, but not necessarily most accurate state.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I personally don’t care for High Rock at all, unless it’s in this RP because your take on it is awesome so keep doing what your doing my man. I was just saying we did get a “newer” look at High Rock in its entirety, but not necessarily most accurate state.

I used to be like you, thinking 'Bleh, Bretons and High Rock' but thanks to BT it really has grown on me.

I think one day it'll be the same for you, after all you already have milk chugging characters so it's only a matter of time.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I used to be like you, thinking 'Bleh, Bretons and High Rock' but thanks to BT it really has grown on me.

I think one day it'll be the same for you, after all you already have milk chugging characters so it's only a matter of time.

See I’m like ‘bleh, Bretons and High Rock’ unless BT is writing for it. Then I’m like fuck yeah let’s go offbrand frenchies with shadow magic!

I have one, one Imperial lol. Goddamn you guys are relentless.

• Haha 1

I started off with milk you fuck XD Where do you think “Centurion” cane from lol. Me and Colonel used to have wimperial vs stormie debates all the time on tumblr lol.

i can’t help it. I still have feelings for my old boys in red, even tho they are very clearly wrong in 4E201

• Haha 1

Just now, Centurion said:

I started off with milk you fuck XD Where do you think “Centurion” cane from lol. Me and Colonel used to have wimperial vs stormie debates all the time on tumblr lol.

For a good while you became milk mixed with mead, but then you went back to milk ;)

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

i can’t help it. I still have feelings for my old boys in red, even tho they are very clearly wrong in 4E201

I agree, Morrowind Imperials were the absolutely (Second to Nords >:) the coolest thing.

Then Bethesda made them generic Romans.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

For a good while you became milk mixed with mead, but then you went back to milk ;)

I agree, Morrowind Imperials were the absolutely (Second to Nords >:) the coolest thing.

Then Bethesda made them generic Romans.

False. Bethesda made them generic Middle Ages Europe while keeping the Roman influence with the Legion. I’d be a lot happier with Beth if they made them more generic Roman as opposed to what we got in Oblivion.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nords, Dunmer, then Morrowind wimperials.

Now that something I’ve been thinking about adding to my plate for a long time, but one I can’t bring myself to undertake lol. I really want to bring Morrowind into the RP, because as I understand it, it’s mostly untouched, ready to be grabbed and taken lol. I just don’t know how I would go about doing it.

Just now, Centurion said:

Now that something I’ve been thinking about adding to my plate for a long time, but one I can’t bring myself to undertake lol. I really want to bring Morrowind into the RP, because as I understand it, it’s mostly untouched, ready to be grabbed and taken lol. I just don’t know how I would go about doing it.

A few of us have got plans for it. Got a post planned to be set in Morrowind actually, but it's gonna be early in the next chapter. After the war begins in earnest.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.