Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD rofl yea they sounded like they just caught you kneeling through the national anthem.

Pour one out for Captain Burd.

The man. The legend. The most Nordic Nord to ever grace both Cyrodiil and Oblivion with his presence. :lol: 

The old guards’ memes were so much funnier too. “Arrow in the knee” sucks. “CRIMINAL SCUM” and “Filthy Outlander” are still hilarious today. 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just saw a video showing part of the beginning of Kingdom Come. I find it very interesting that they tied persuasion to how you look. Like that intimidation is tied to how well geared you are. That's something I really think Bethesda should take a cue from. It's really ridiculous to fail an intimidation of some average thug when you are wearing full power armor and a highly modified shotgun/assault rifle. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They should’ve brought back Terrifying Presence in some capacity. Because you’re right. A guy shouldn’t need 10 charisma to be intimidating. 

They kinda did that in Skyrim. Wearing Daedric armor apparently gives you a hidden boost to intimidating because you look fucking scary.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They should’ve brought back Terrifying Presence in some capacity. Because you’re right. A guy shouldn’t need 10 charisma to be intimidating. 

Though that perk feels more like a workaround to the whole problem. I seriously think it wouldn't be so hard to tie your intimidation to your armor rating and weapon damage of currently equipped weapon.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though that perk feels more like a workaround to the whole problem. I seriously think it wouldn't be so hard to tie your intimidation to your armor rating and weapon damage of currently equipped weapon.

It gave dialogue options instead of the passive stat boost that you’re asking for, which I think was nice and a whole lot better than what we got in FO4. But intimidation could definitely could afford to be expanded on in both forms. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I think intimidation could also be tied to strength as well as gear and charisma. Intimidating someone seems like it’s something, game wise, that could be accomplished through several different means, considering all make sense. I mean, even if some dude has no charisma but is jacked as fuck, that should be enough. 

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1

In PoE, intimidation is tied to Might which is also the statistic that mages use to widen area of effect. So you've got a lot of mages going around busting skulls in Eora. It's kind of amusing. I hope they change it, personally.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I think intimidation could also be tied to strength as well as gear and charisma. Intimidating someone seems like it’s something, game wise, that could be accomplished through several different means, considering all make sense. I mean, even if some dude has no charisma but is jacked as fuck, that should be enough. 

Exactly. “Clint Eastwood charisma” should be a thing.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ve been wanting to replay it for years but not bad enough to buy an xbone.

Its music was fucking perfect. Atmospheric, badass, it was truly a work of art.

Halo was my childhood man, if you ever get an Xbox one or hell ever pop Halo Reach into a 360 shoot me a message. I'll always be wanting to relive the good memories with friends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I still haven't found a sci series with a more cooler militarized feel.

ignacio-bazan-lazcano-ui-feloadingscreen

juan-pablo-roldan-pp1-battlefield-final.

ih_odst+man02c.jpg

Halo-Concept-Art1.jpg

The first Halo Wars cutscene is in my opinion one of the very greatest in the series, there is something so charming about the non-spartan POV's throughout the war. From the books to games.

Imagine playing a marine in the book version of Halo CE, Halo: The Flood.