Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

There was some norse influence in there, the female warrior really looked like a German Battle Valkyrie. Oh and this? 

mnO2LtN.png

It's an allusion to the Celtic King, Nuada Airgetlám, a mythological hero who got a magical prosthetic arm made from silver. And there's alot of other visible Celtic influences. 

OH and interview with the man himself! It gives alot of gameplay reveals and it explains how Miyisaki met Martin! Apparently, Martin is actually playing a heavy role. He wrote all the backstory for the setting, the entire Mythos, and worked on making the games themes with Miyisaki. 

"Wilkinson: Regarding the collaboration with George R. R. Martin, can you further explain how this collaboration came about and in what role it has served throughout the project?

This allowed us to have many free and creative conversations regarding the game, in which Mr. Martin later used as a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself.

This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. It was a wonderful source of stimulus for me and the development staff.

Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/

Game is semi open world (like Dark Souls 1) with even more complicated level design (they specifically mention several super detailed multi layered Castles)

Game is an RPG, and apparently will focus on emphasizing RPG aspects even moreso then the other titles. Character Creator is back. Dark Souls styled heavy combat is back and better then before. Talks about heavy horror influence (YESSSS) and there putting an emphasis on making the bosses horrifying. 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

BRUH!

If this ain't a troll of yours then I take back what I said.

If Balrog actually created high quality concept art that is good enough to go on the cover of a box for the sake of a troll, he would officially become the emperor of trolls. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

If Balrog actually created high quality concept art that is good enough to go on the cover of a box for the sake of a troll, he would officially become the emperor of trolls. XD 

I was more thinking he looked up something and used that picture.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

OH and interview with the man himself! It gives alot of gameplay reveals and it explains how Miyisaki met Martin! Apparently, Martin is actually playing a heavy role. He wrote all the backstory for the setting, the entire Mythos, and worked on making the games themes with Miyisaki. 

"Wilkinson: Regarding the collaboration with George R. R. Martin, can you further explain how this collaboration came about and in what role it has served throughout the project?

This allowed us to have many free and creative conversations regarding the game, in which Mr. Martin later used as a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself.

This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. It was a wonderful source of stimulus for me and the development staff.

Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/

Game is semi open world (like Dark Souls 1) with even more complicated level design (they specifically mention several super detailed multi layered Castles)

Game is an RPG, and apparently will focus on emphasizing RPG aspects even moreso then the other titles. Character Creator is back. Dark Souls styled heavy combat is back and better then before. Talks about heavy horror influence (YESSSS) and there putting an emphasis on making the bosses horrifying. 

To add onto this no fixed protagonist. The game is really seeming to sound like what Dark Souls was to Demon Souls...but for Dark Souls. 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oooh good guess  

"They are often portrayed as hostile and monstrous beings who come from the sea or underground."

Aquatic shit’s supposed to be prevalent in this game and those things seem perfect. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Oooh good guess  

"They are often portrayed as hostile and monstrous beings who come from the sea or underground."

Aquatic shit’s supposed to be prevalent in this game and those things seem perfect. 

Imagine fighting a horrific sea giant in the deep ocean

Since this game is supposedly based somewhat on Arthurian legends, which were well and accurately documented by Monty Python, I say we all base our first characters on the Knights of the Round Table.

Also, dibs on Lancelot.

Since this game is supposedly based somewhat on Arthurian legends, which were well and accurately documented by Monty Python, I say we all base our first characters on the Knights of the Round Table.

Also, dibs on Lancelot.

Fuck you. Fine then, i'll take the yellow pansie himself.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, dibs on Lancelot.

Ok I’ll be Arthur

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee