Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

There are other purple splotches like that elsewhere in the sky, so those two only really stand out when you frame the picture to only include them. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but pretty cool if it is.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

On the fetralife wiki as a comment.

"Ds3 and bloodborne have the same method to load their maps (and the same glitches), so killing siegward just before yhorm s bossfight and changing zone again and again (run to yorshka s church, get out and get in the building as many times as you see fit) will make his slab and equipment to duplicate. IMPORTANT: don t use any bonfire until you picked up the loot. You ll mess up everything!"

If that shit's true then this man found infinite titanite slabs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, TheCzarsHussar said:

Probably gonna get ignored :rofl:

You know how in Dark Souls that in the age of ancients the use of fire magic was done through "Flame sorceries" and was lost?

In Demon Souls that's exactly how you use fire, its a sorcery.

From the Dark Souls comic. 

s08j9xpktba11.png

There's ALOT of little niggles, but most people (including myself) think there just Easter Eggs. If you want to proscribe to the theory, I think it's Dark Souls-Demon Souls-Bloodborne (and there all tens of thousands of years apart.) 

But then again, the disconnect between Demon Souls and Dark Souls is because FROM dosen't own the rights to it, Sony does. So they made something thematically/gameplay similar, but it's it's own thing. Bloodborne was supposed to be a legit "stealth" sequel to Demon Souls, and take place in the same universe, but I doubt that's the case in the current game. 

But if I have to connect things, I would say Dark Souls is certainly in it's own universe, while Demon Souls and Bloodborne can be connected (by tens of thousands of years)

I still believe they’re all separate, but if they aren’t, I prefer the Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Bloodborne order, with Demons Souls heralding the Age of Ancients then BB being the Painted World we create at the end od Ringed City. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I still believe they’re all separate, but if they aren’t, I prefer the Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Bloodborne order, with Demons Souls heralding the Age of Ancients then BB being the Painted World we create at the end od Ringed City. 

In terms of appearance, Demon seems to be more down the line when it comes to aesthetics, there like early renaissance, while Dark Souls is alot dirtier, low fantasy/mid medieval. 

latest?cb=20130622193100

King_Allant_The_False_King.jpg

But who knows, maybe a disaster (before the Age of Fog/Ancients) caused everything to revert. 

And then there's all the cut content pertaining to Demon Souls within Bloodborne. It's cut content, but I still think it should be considered (How would they know about "Umbasa" and the ruins of Bolteria if there from the new painted world?) 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In terms of appearance, Demon seems to be more down the line when it comes to aesthetics, there like early renaissance, while Dark Souls is alot dirtier, low fantasy/mid medieval. 

latest?cb=20130622193100

King_Allant_The_False_King.jpg

But who knows, maybe a disaster (before the Age of Fog/Ancients) caused everything to revert. 

And then there's all the cut content pertaining to Demon Souls within Bloodborne. It's cut content, but I still think it should be considered (How would they know about "Umbasa" and the ruins of Bolteria if there from the new painted world?) 

Boletaria could very well have been the most advanced kingdom in the conventional means in Demon Souls. When the bad ending happens and the world is engulfed by fog, I'd wager society was reset back to zero. Fucking dirty hollows emerged from the ground for goodness sake :rofl:

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Colonel still needs to play Dark Souls 1 XD (And a certain other title) I recall him saying he would once that unofficial patch is done, and he can omni roll XD

Or you can just man up and get past the early game now XD

With how much Colonel loves Bloodborne, World 3 will be right up his alley. Not gonna lie, thats pretty much the only reason I want him to play.

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

None of that would matter if all life was extinguished for eons while everlasting dragons ruled a fog covered world.

I don’t see how Dark Souls leading into Demon Souls could feel natural. By the end, it was all just ash. All that remained of humanity was used in the blood of the Dark Soul to create a new world. I guess it could be that this world was the Demon Souls world, but that would make their appearance and aesthetics irrelevant since they’d have started over in the painting anyway.