Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

npc1510.jpg

Apparently in the design works of 1, Miyisaki states Oswald of Cairm (the pardoner of Velka) was actually a Black Knight before he retired. Weird piece of lore since he seems to be perfectly human. Maybe exceptional human knights were able to join the Black Knights if they were skilled enough? They were basically the super hardcore special forces of Anor Londo. 

DSC100165847.jpg

Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten.

Here do we toil, that we might remember.

By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen.

Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us.

Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see.

Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak.

And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see,

And when the world remembers, that world will cease to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten.

Here do we toil, that we might remember.

By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen.

Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us.

Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see.

Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak.

And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see,

And when the world remembers, that world will cease to be.

Wrong video game series XD

• Haha 1

So IGN finally posted there entire interview with Miyisaki. Alot of super cool tibits.

Instead of creating Elden Ring’s main story, Martin wrote about a time long before the era the player actually explores.
(...)
“The player will be able to learn about Martin’s mythology through exploration,”

Elden Ring is developed in a game field that is much larger than previous titles and some gameplay aspects will change naturally as a result of that.

- In addition to the complex and interconnected dungeons there is an open field between these points of interest.

- There were three main reasons for going with a more open world approach.
1. To show the story and the world on a larger scale.
2. To increase the depth and feeling of exploration.
3. To make the battles more open.

- Horse is used for traversal and you can battle while riding it.

- With having wider areas, they hope to expand on the ways you can approach enemies/bosses. Compares it to Shadow of the Colossus style of openworld 

- Following the same structure of telling the lore as in Souls but on a bigger scale. There may be side quests that don't involve any type of battling.

- (unclear here) They are not including high populated towns and villages cause the game is already a big enough challenge for them to tackle. They are focusing on their strengths and high density towns isn't one of them. The game will stick to classic FROM levels (dungeons, ruins, castles).

- While they take inspiration from different open world games, this is FROM's own unique take on it. They are trying to be as authentic and original as possible without being too influenced by other works.

This is a reality now

D9XbKXsXUAEcEOH.jpg

https://nordic.ign.com/bloodborne/26485/feature/elden-ring-is-an-evolution-of-dark-souls-says-creator-e3-2019

• Thanks 1

I like it, all of that sounds perfect. I wonder Then is it possible to stick to the interconnected ruins and avoid the outside plains entirely. Not that I’d care to really.

I picture it like DS3 but you don’t gotta go through a crypt to get to the Boreal Valley, you can just go straight there on horseback, or choose to go through the crypt if you want.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I was worried the open world was going to dilute things, but it seems to be added for the benefit of adding more combat encounters and story reasons.

Which sounds great for leveling and prolonging your enjoyment of that playthrough.

“Personally, a world that is happy and bright is something that just doesn’t feel realistic to me. It may sound like I have a trauma or something,” he said with a laugh, “but I believe that the world is generally a wasteland that is not kind to us. That’s just the way I see it.”
-Hidetaka Miyazaki 2019

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*I troll about a new FROMsoft Nordic game*

*Turns out the New Fromsoft game is at least partially inspired by Norse Mythology *

I guess all that ends well is all that matters right XD

Mound. Maker.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

It feels so strange playing DS3 again. Lol I missed my tanky character :lol: All this health, all this endurance and being able to block XD I actually had to make myself block since I kept forgetting to and just went at shit with my Zwei... which, is I guess how I always did things lol XD Its like riding a bicycle tho, easy peasy.

Also, ROFL I didn't realize how different PC DS3 was to BB in appearance, it makes DS3 look new gen.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It feels so strange playing DS3 again. Lol I missed my tanky character :lol: All this health, all this endurance and being able to block XD I actually had to make myself block since I kept forgetting to and just went at shit with my Zwei... which, is I guess how I always did things lol XD Its like riding a bicycle tho, easy peasy.

Also, ROFL I didn't realize how different PC DS3 was to BB in appearance, it makes DS3 look new gen.

Ayy nice.

I got bored playing Ds3 but I'll probably be playing more tomorrow at some point. If I don't get bored, I'll be 120 by tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yo Colonel since I dont think we'll encounter this boss on our way to Yharnam, this is one of my favorite chalice bosses.

Which dungeon is he in?

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Low level invasions are the best XD 

Especially at the High Wall with the big ass bow from Ashes of Ariandal. :chaos: