Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I personally think it's utterly ridiculous someone could think pouring some jugs of water into a fountain equates what your implying. 

But it does go well with the Nords and their well earned reputation for being stupid, idiotic, selfish, barbarians....

Oh let me guess, you have theory that Gelabor is actually evil, and wants to bring genocide on man by powering up Auriel.

I’m implying that the storyline involved our character undergoing a pilgrimage for an elven god who fought against human gods in the lore. You don’t have to be a stupid or selfish barbarian to not wanna partake in the practices of a religion that is directly opposed to yours. 

The option existing isn’t what bugs people. It’s the lack of an alternative, which is a common complaint with Beth games. 

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Despite what you think Balrog the modern Nords are strangely tolerant, if this was historical there would be no public 'infidels'.

Ironically the modern Nords have an pre-christian Roman approach to other faiths, ours is better and you should worship our gods but who fucking cares, worship your own smelly gods.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

More than that, you have to go around to shrines of Auriel and pay lip service to him with your jug or whatever. My Nord character would not have been very happy about that, either. In the old Beth forum I argued on occasion that I thought the DB would unwittingly bring about the return of Auriel, just as other heroes have ironically set in motion events that destroyed Morrowind, destroyed the empire, etc.

On another note, Nate Purkeypile- who has an awesome name and is a level designer for Bethesda- tweeted that Blackreach was "never on the schedule" and most of it was completed in a couple days. Pretty amazing.

It was the Bloodmoon last night, hope none of you turned into werewolves.

Funny, I took a picture of my moon last night:

9E185CE0-C6D1-429D-B723-32AB2F2DC8D3.jpeg

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I personally think it's utterly ridiculous someone could think pouring some jugs of water into a fountain equates what your implying. 

But it does go well with the Nords and their well earned reputation for being stupid, idiotic, selfish, barbarians....

Oh let me guess, you have theory that Gelabor is actually evil, and wants to bring genocide on man by powering up Auriel.

You’re obviously not a Nord.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

As if Legends wasn't bad enough, the voice acting

I listened to Sotha Sil thinking “what does he mean, this ain’t too bad,” then it got to Dagoth Ur. Ugh.

He used to sound like a god. Where the heck did they get the idea that he should sound like a high-voiced robot?

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nigga elder speak for yourself, I love werewolves.

Dude i'm the one whose main character is a Werewolf, tis was a jest :chaos:

Funny enough Doctor called me out for telling him in a PM not to make his Bloodborne character a Beast/Werewolf at the same time you did XD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And you have to pay lip service to the imperial pantheon in Oblivion, doesn't mean my character has to like it. Nor would a Nord like ass kissing the Tribunal.

As for bringing back Auriel, notice I said unintentionally. There's more to it than just the shrines- like further weakening Aka by banishing Alduin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

And you have to pay lip service to the imperial pantheon in Oblivion, doesn't mean my character has to like it. Nor would a Nord like ass kissing the Tribunal.

As for bringing back Auriel, notice I said unintentionally. There's more to it than just the shrines- like further weakening Aka by banishing Alduin.

Though by amassing dragon souls, the Dragonborn could be strengthening Aka at the same time. That’s a lot of loose fragments brought together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Though by amassing dragon souls, the Dragonborn could be strengthening Aka at the same time. That’s a lot of loose fragments brought together.

And it’s not the first time Shor has done this after all. And if it is weakening Aka that might be beneficial in his case, strengthening his influence over the Dragon. Bending him to his will to further strengthen the Wheel.

The unintentional stuff that happens due to the prisoner's actions is never good. XD Not for the territory in which he does it. Hate to be pessimistic but this is the pattern.

In other news, today is St. Brigid's Day, my patron saint and also the patron saint of beer. Slainte!

Edited by Celan

That has me thinking, do y’all think Esbern’s dialogue from the trailer is canon?

”You should have acted. They’re already here. The Elder Scrolls told of their return. Etc...”

If so, who do y’all think he was meant to be speaking to? It seems like he is addressing the Empire, or a fellow Blade. And it seems to be after he’s met the Dragonborn. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That has me thinking, do y’all think Esbern’s dialogue from the trailer is canon?

”You should have acted. They’re already here. The Elder Scrolls told of their return. Etc...”

If so, who do y’all think he was meant to be speaking to? It seems like he is addressing the Empire, or a fellow Blade. And it seems to be after he’s met the Dragonborn. 

I think he was talking to the people of Tamriel in general, not anyone specific. Pretty much anyone that would listen.

Could’ve been a blade, the Empire, the Nords themselves.

And the dragonborn’s return was a part of the prophesy so he could’ve said this just before he actually met the Dragonborn. He could’ve heard of him/her too from your actions in Whiterun.

As for the pattern of the prisoner’s actions having some negative effect on the place they did it, I’m not so sure about that.

Daggerfall at least depending on what ending anyway was fine. Talos became a god, warp in the West ended the constant warring in High Rock. The worst thing to happen at most was Mannimarco in one of the timelines became a god.