Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Recently replaying Dawnguard made me realize something, you are forced to be very kind and respectful towards that Knight-Paladin or whatever the hell his name was Snow Elf.

If I'd have my way, my Nord character would piss in his face while recounting Songs of the Return.

Your Nord character kills an innocent priest and the last survivor of his species? Sounds like a genocidal dickbunny to me, especially considering Gelebor is nothing but kind and respectful.

Anyway, SoC remake reviews came out, and i'm pretty shocked at how well it's been recieved. Glad the next generation can enjoy this masterpiece.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/shadow-of-the-colossus

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Your Nord character kills an innocent priest and the last survivor of his species? Sounds like a genocidal dickbunny to me, especially considering Gelebor is nothing but kind and respectful.

Damn right he would, let the last of the old Falmer feel the weight of all Atmora crushing down atop him.

If I had any say in things after Gelebor bestows Auriel's Bow my character would Shout him into hell.

BTW, on the topic of elves, does anyone know how the hell Elves have been flanderised over the years with them being sissies? The main archetype people tend to draw from are the Middle Earth Elves by Tolkien, 

tumblr_inline_os2dy98wvH1qg2nzz_540.gif

tumblr_mewgliG5o61r1mkubo1_500.gif

tumblr_nla9n6ECPj1qj6i7po1_250.gif

And those Elves are a highly proud warrior culture who relish in spilling Orc blood. Seems odd. Not to mention the ones in TES are pretty bloody thirsty.

35 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Anyway, SoC remake reviews came out, and i'm pretty shocked at how well it's been recieved. Glad the next generation can enjoy this masterpiece.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/shadow-of-the-colossus

The character I'm playing now that would have Shouted Gelebor into hell is meant to be an oldschool Nord, men come first.

It's the Arena, all men in Sovngarde would sing of the Dragonborn's deed of destroying an old enemy. Do you think Ysgramor or any of the old 1st Era Nords would take pity and spare Gelebor?

I don't.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The character I'm playing now that would have Shouted Gelebor into hell is meant to be an oldschool Nord, men come first.

It's the Arena, all men in Sovngarde would sing of the Dragonborn's deed of destroying an old enemy. Do you think Ysgramor or any of the old 1st Era Nords would take pity and spare Gelebor?

I don't.

That's because their all assholes. 

Harming someone whose being nothing but helpful to you, and whose an innocent priest is not the mark of a warrior. It's the mark of murderer, and a prick. Nothing glorious about it.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Harming someone whose being nothing but helpful to you, and whose an innocent priest is not the marks of a warrior. It's the mark of murdered, and a prick.

Oh of course it's morally wrong, he's a kind warrior priest.

Wouldn't stop my character's hand, even historically (Romans too >:O) the priestly and wise men weren't always spared, that's a romantic thing.

Also he is a warrior, a Knight-Paladin to be exact. Priestly warrior but still a warrior.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW, on the topic of elves, does anyone know how the hell Elves have been flanderised over the years with them being sissies? The main archetype people tend to draw from are the Middle Earth Elves by Tolkien, 

tumblr_inline_os2dy98wvH1qg2nzz_540.gif

tumblr_mewgliG5o61r1mkubo1_500.gif

tumblr_nla9n6ECPj1qj6i7po1_250.gif

And those Elves are a highly proud warrior culture who relish in spilling Orc blood. Seems odd. Not to mention the ones in TES are pretty bloody thirsty.

They do so while looking prettier than the women I tend to fuck. That might have something to do with it XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Harming someone whose being nothing but helpful to you, and whose an innocent priest is not the mark of a warrior. It's the mark of murderer, and a prick. Nothing glorious about it.

Then what do you call those that kill innocent priests and pansy elves bearing arms and magic, lol, because Ysgramor's men likely had done both, and I doubt you could say they're not warriors for that.

Murder's murder. Killing's killing. A warrior is simply someone that makes war their way of life. 

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Do you blame them for the Maiar giving them really soft skin and gorgeous hair? 

No but they can't blame me if I can't take them seriously. It's like the French. They had some of the bloodiest periods ever, but they're still Frenchy which is why we make fun of them. Because they look and sound sofT, with a capital T. Exactly like the Bretons, actually XD 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Recently replaying Dawnguard made me realize something, you are forced to be very kind and respectful towards that Knight-Paladin or whatever the hell his name was Snow Elf.

If I'd have my way, my Nord character would piss in his face while recounting Songs of the Return.

More than that, you have to go around to shrines of Auriel and pay lip service to him with your jug or whatever. My Nord character would not have been very happy about that, either. In the old Beth forum I argued on occasion that I thought the DB would unwittingly bring about the return of Auriel, just as other heroes have ironically set in motion events that destroyed Morrowind, destroyed the empire, etc.

On another note, Nate Purkeypile- who has an awesome name and is a level designer for Bethesda- tweeted that Blackreach was "never on the schedule" and most of it was completed in a couple days. Pretty amazing.

It was the Bloodmoon last night, hope none of you turned into werewolves.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

More than that, you have to go around to shrines of Auriel and pay lip service to him with your jug or whatever. My Nord character would not have been very happy about that, either. In the old Beth forum I argued on occasion that I thought the DB would unwittingly bring about the return of Auriel, just as other heroes have ironically set in motion events that destroyed Morrowind, destroyed the empire, etc.

On another note, Nate Purkeypile- who has an awesome name and is a level designer for Bethesda- tweeted that Blackreach was "never on the schedule" and most of it was completed in a couple days. Pretty amazing.

It was the Bloodmoon last night, hope none of you turned into werewolves.

That was a cool reference to a quest in Morrowind, when you had to do the same to some Tribunal Shrines. You guys take things way too literally. 

And bah. Werewolves are heaven nonsense. Me and Colonel are seemingly the only enlightened ones here. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

In the old Beth forum I argued on occasion that I thought the DB would unwittingly bring about the return of Auriel, just as other heroes have ironically set in motion events that destroyed Morrowind, destroyed the empire, etc

That would be hilarious. And annoying. Skyrim, the rebirthplace of the chief elven god and great rival of Shor. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That was a cool reference to a quest in Morrowind, when you had to do the same to some Tribunal Shrines. You guys take things way too literally. 

That’s because there is no indication that it wasn’t meant literally. A moderately traditional Nord would piss in that jug and tell the elf it’s his holy water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That would be hilarious. And annoying. Skyrim, the rebirthplace of the chief elven god and great rival of Shor. :facepalm:

That’s because there is no indication that it wasn’t meant literally. A moderately traditional Nord would piss in that jug and tell the elf it’s his holy water.

I personally think it's utterly ridiculous someone could think pouring some jugs of water into a fountain equates what your implying. 

But it does go well with the Nords and their well earned reputation for being stupid, idiotic, selfish, barbarians....

Oh let me guess, you have theory that Gelabor is actually evil, and wants to bring genocide on man by powering up Auriel.

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I sold it to some Dremora merchant for like ten gold.

This reminds me of one of my favorite thread series in the old Beth forums. Back when New Vegas was announced, people started a long running series of “what encounters would you like to see?” threads and some of the ones people came up with were historical. One of them involved an old man selling lemonade really cheap. If you have high perception, you can tell it is actually piss. If you don’t, then you have to drink it to find out. If you have very low perception or intelligence, you have to drink several. XD 

Then you get a perk allowing you to “craft” your own using an empty bottle, which you can then sell for bad karma.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I personally think it's utterly ridiculous someone could think pouring some jugs of water into a fountain equates what your implying. 

But it does go well with the Nords and their well earned reputation for being stupid, idiotic, selfish, barbarians....

Oh let me guess, you have theory that Gelabor is actually evil, and wants to bring genocide on man by powering up Auriel.

I think Balrog is secretly Gelebor shitposting us.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

This reminds me of one of my favorite thread series in the old Beth forums. Back when New Vegas was announced, people started a long running series of “what encounters would you like to see?” threads and some of the ones people came up with were historical. One of them involved an old man selling lemonade really cheap. If you have high perception, you can tell to actually piss. If you don’t, then you have to drink it to find out. If you have very low perception or intelligence, you have to drink several. XD 

Then you get a perk allowing you to “craft” your own using an empty bottle, which you can then sell for bad karma.

Holy hell that would have been amazing.

• Like 1